Code of Ethics and Integrity
The guiding PRINCIPLE of this code is to hold honor and respect for the life, dignity, and freedom of all persons regardless of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, age, physical limitations or national origin.
It is the INTENT of this document to encourage all members to treat all persons with respect, to represent the Qigong Community in an honest manner, to strive to improve their knowledge and skill, and to promote public understanding of Qigong.
All members of the NQA, as a condition of membership, subscribe to the following NQA Code of Ethics and Integrity.
NQA Code of Ethics and Integrity
- Do no harm.
- Use my knowledge and professional associations for the benefit of the people I serve.
- Represent my Qigong practices, education and background with honesty and integrity.
- Make only factual statements about my abilities.
- Be truthful in advertising.
- Establish clear boundaries in all relationships with students, and/or clients and avoid inappropriate relationships at all times.
- Avoid harassment, abuse, or exploitation of students, clients and/or patients.
- Maintain confidentiality for all written and oral communications with students, clients, patients, and colleagues.
- Explain financial arrangements in a clear and understandable manner.
- Provide referrals based on the best interest of the student, client and/or patient.
- Assist students, clients, and/or patients in exploring other treatment options as appropriate.
- Provide notification and referral, as may be appropriate, in the event that I need to terminate services with students, clients and/or patients.
Also see the: